Reactive Acid Chemical (RAC)
Reactive Acid Chemical (RAC) Stain is a single component solution of acidic metallic ion particles, which when applied to concrete, chemically reacts with the particles in the cement (free alkali) to form oxides in the pores of the concrete. These oxides become a permanent part of the substrate to create a colored translucent, variegated and sometimes marbleized effect. The art of RAC Stain is that no two slabs will ever color exactly the same, the texture of concrete, age and dilution ratio affect final color appearance. The translucence of RAC Stain also allows the many unique characteristics of the slab to show through. Every project is a unique piece of art.
CR-WRC is designed to give predictable natural variegated colors or predictable bright solid colors. A one step staining process, there is no residue to neutralize and scrub off. CR-WRC can also be used for faux finishing, changing hues, or correcting errors after acid staining (surface must be cleaned and neutralized prior to application).
For interior and exterior concrete, horizontal or vertical.
Amount of square footage stained per gallon varies with the surface texture of the concrete temperature of the concrete, and ambient conditions. Approximate ranges are as follows.
- Non-Diluted - 100 - 200 sq ft per gallon
- Diluted 1-1 - 200 - 300 sq ft per gallon
- Diluted 2-1 - 300 - 400 sq ft per gallon
- Diluted 4-1 - 400 - 500 sq ft per gallon
**Dilute with distilled water only.**
The higher the dilution ratio, the lighter the resulting color will be.
The use of CR-607 Olive Mist and CR-608 Azure Sky on concrete which has no vapor barrier underneath (typically exterior concrete slabs) have the risk of partially or completely turning black when excessive amounts of moisture migrate from underneath the slab to the top surface.
Additional colors can be achieved by mixing multiple colors together.
Color samples are a representation only and do not guarantee the final color to be an exact match. A test area is recommended on the jobsite to determine actual color.
Use only distilled water when diluting RAC Stain. For professional use only.
Read TDS and MSDS prior to using this product.
What Makes Concrete Resurrection RAC Stain Different?
- Richer colors
- Concrete Resurrection RAC stains produce a richer more pleasing color that your customers will love.
- Fast Bonding to concrete
- With Concrete Resurrection RAC stains, a color-change is noticed much sooner than with other acid stains
- UV Stable
- Concrete Resurrection RAC stains are designed to be used outdoors
- 1 Gallon covers 100-500 square feet depending on dilution.
- Less Residue
- Not only does less of the stain wash off as residue when you neutralize, but you also don't have to mess with that white powdery residue left by other acid stains.
- Less Odor
- You won't get that overwhelming stench when you apply Concrete Resurrection RAC stains like you do with acid stains
- Ongoing Technical Support
- When you purchase Concrete Resurrection, you get FREE ongoing Technical Support - Click here for more information.
How To Stain Concrete in 6 Easy Steps
This list is by no means exhaustive, but the videos at the link below are, and this list will give you a quick overview of what you need to do to stain concrete with RAC Stain.
- Thoroughly clean the concrete surface.
- Choose your color, understanding that RAC stain creates an actual chemical reaction with the concrete, and no two concrete surfaces will stain the same... this is what makes RAC stained surfaces so unique.
- Use a sprayer to apply the stain in a circular motion to ensure an even coat.
- After the stain has reacted with the concrete, neutralize the chemical process to stop the reaction from progressing.
- Thoroughly clean the surface of residue.
- Once the concrete is sufficiently dry, apply a sealant coating.